Friday, August 1, 2014

Human Ken Doll Justin Jedlica: I'm Not Trying to Like a Doll

Justin Jedlica, a.k.a. the Human Ken Doll, says he never set out to look like a doll when he underwent countless plastic surgeries and became an Internet ... something.


So he says in an interview for Oprah Winfrey's Where Are They Now?



Justin Jedlica: Where Are They Now Promo


Becoming a living Human Ken Doll was never his intention or goal, but 150 or so cosmetic procedures later, someone called him that and BOOM.


"20/20 called me the Human Ken Doll. It was meant to be cute and catchy," the 33-year-old says, reflecting on his 2012 interview with that program.


"I think of it in a comical way. I don't necessarily think I look like Ken."


Perhaps not. Human Barbie Valeria Lukyanova doesn't necessarily look like her plastic likeness either. It's more the idea that they're ... well, plastic.


Justin Jedlica also says that the notoriety has been a net positive.



"All in all, the Ken Doll phenomenon for me has been a positive thing," he says, never one to look a gift horse (or plastic surgeon) in the mouth.


"It's something that's given me a new purpose, and it looks as though it may give me a career. So I can't really knock it. I'll be called the Human Ken Doll forever."


There are worse things, he notes, than being compared to the quintessential guy toy, one created as the prototypical male who wants to bang Barbie.


"It's flattering," Jedlica mused in April. "As a kid, you play with Ken dolls and kind of assume that is what a handsome guy is supposed to look like."


Just the same, he looks at himself as less Ken, more Japanese anime manga. "It's sort of that over-stylized, cartoonish version of human form [that I like]," he says.


Whatever you want to call him, you gotta check out this gallery:






Justin Jedlica before and after photos ... are kinda freaking us out.






from The Hollywood Gossip http://ift.tt/1nbN8Py

via IFTTT

0 comments:

Post a Comment